Tuesday, January 27, 2009

School is starting

It's 730 AM and I get on the astounding "F" line. I say astounding because it's reliably late. No surprises there. When the train finally decides to join us at the delancey station I grab the first seat I see. I look around and take mental pictures of my fellow "F" line riders. As I know I will be seeing the same people everyday Monday through Friday. Might as well learn their faces. One woman stood out. She had on a matching zebra print skirt and blouse. Her red door perfume permeated the entire train car. I knew it was red door because my grandmother wears it. The worldwide "old lady" perfume. I get off on Hillside.

First day of school like any other. Nothing special. Remains the same the entire first week of school. Class, hallway, class, hallway, lunch, home. With the few annoying teenagers screaming and laughing in between and on the subway. Oh and there was this one boy who asked my name in English class. Nothing special.

Tuesday of the second week things changed.

1 comment:

  1. i love ur blogs because it feels like Im reading the narration of a book.

    Btw I had to take the F today, MAD LATE -_-

    ReplyDelete